Yin yoga is a slow-paced style where a posture is held for a longer period of time – from 45 seconds for beginners to 5 minutes or more for advanced practitioners. It spread through the West in 1970. with the teachings of martial arts expert and Taoist yoga teacher Paulie Zink. It applies moderate stress to the connective tissues of the body with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility, and aims to cultivate awareness and inner silence. The Yin Yoga Workbook is designed for all those looking for a calmer, more meditative approach to yoga and wellbeing. It is good for the soul to step outside of the hastiness of the world now and then and just hold your ground calm and breathing. As a tool to fully understand the anatomy, alignment and the technical details it is equally suitable whether you are a teacher or a student, working in a group or alone, using it during teacher trainings, workshops or self-study.
Success is a few simple disciplines repeated daily. Start today!
- made from unbleached recycled paper
- A5 format with soft covers
- can be rolled up in a mat
- it is designed to be elegant, clean and fluid as to emulate the yoga practice itself
- left pages contain artistically hand sketched drawings of 39 positions
- right pages are left blank so you may write down the notes
- as we consider yoga to be the universal language of body, mind and spirit they are linguistically neutral and there are no explanations of the postures in the workbook
- its goal is to allow more time to be focused on the process of learning itself and give you a chance to note down your progress and note the aspects of Yin yoga practice which may require special attention