Vinyasa yoga is a broader yoga term describing the way yoga is performed and can be applied to various styles. It is also often referred to as “power yoga” and the name itself translates as “arranging something in a special way”. In Vinyasa yoga the movement synchronizes to the breath and is also known as “flow yoga”, as the poses flow and become like a dance.
The Vinyasa Yoga Workbook is based upon the Ashtanga style of yoga and modified to fit the faster nature and pace of Vinyasa. It’s made for those who need more force in their yoga and aim for a vigorous powerful sequence. Vinyasa Yoga Workbook is thus made for the free spirits amongst you who don’t like to be bound within a set of rules. With no set superimposed structure you may feel free to choose your own sequence of asanas as you see fit. As a tool to fully understand the anatomy, alignment and the technical details it is equally suitable whether you are a teacher or a student, working in a group or alone, using it during teacher trainings, workshops or self-study.
Success is a few simple disciplines repeated daily. Start today!
- made from unbleached recycled paper
- A5 format with soft covers
- can be rolled up in a mat
- it is designed to be elegant, clean and fluid as to emulate the yoga practice itself
- left pages contain artistically hand sketched drawings of 75 positions, grouped into standing and seated poses, backbends, inversions, arm balances and resting poses
- right pages are left blank so you may write down the notes
- as we consider yoga to be the universal language of body, mind and spirit they are linguistically neutral and there are no explanations of the postures in the workbook
- its goal is to allow more time to be focused on the process of learning itself and ease the construction of your own preferred sequences
Note: some of the Vinyasa Yoga Workbook’s drawings are based upon the photos from David Swenson’s Practice manual.